CISe system q's

In a message dated 7/24/2003 12:59:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rhock99@epix.net writes:

<<it supplies additional fuel when you hit the throttle for the first 30
seconds or so after starting it.  If you were to unplug it then blip the throttle
right after starting, the car would bog nicely because of the missing signal.>>

Wait wait what are you talking about now. Because my engine runs like shit
for the first 30 seconds after a cold start.  It misses and hesitates, and boggs
down. I would love to fix this, so what sensor is that and where is it
located?  Thanks

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta GLX Vr6