My fuel pump!!! not again!!!!

--- "daniel_williams@bobcat.gcsu.edu"
<daniel_williams@bobcat.gcsu.edu> wrote:

> Have I killed a second pump?  Is it just my bad luck to
> grab a bad used one or do I have a bigger problem?

Well, two things.

First, I'd *always* go with a new pump.  They do go bad,
and are more likely to after sitting awhile.

Second, does your car have the in-tank transfer pump?  (If
you've got the space-saver spare, you've got the transfer
pump.)  If you're transfer pump isn't running, that will
kill the main pump.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, 90 Passat Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
For Sale: '80 Scirocco S, '81 Scirocco, '82 Scirocco.
"I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong."