  From: daniel_williams@bobcat.gcsu.edu
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2003 8:34 AM
  Subject: My fuel pump!!! not again!!!!

  Hi everybody:

  I desperately need some advice here.  My friend on the list posted a while back, my 8v was dying while sitting in traffic with my pump making horrible unnatural noises.  Several listers said pump, and they were right.  Now my new fuel pump (it was used and sitting in a wrecked car) is making funny noises when it gets warm, and my idle is funny after a hot start.  It'll drop way low (200-400 low) and sometimes shut off.
  Have I killed a second pump?  Is it just my bad luck to grab a bad used one or do I have a bigger problem?

  Thanks
  Dan Williams