  From: Mike Smith
  To: L F
  Cc: car
  Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 6:52 AM
  Subject: Re: Wierd oil problem

  OK, as I left work last night, I tried the rev test.  I started it, let it run for a moment and then brought the RPMs up to about 2750.  Sure enough, 3-4 seconds into it, blink and buzz.  PCB or grounds or what?

  Mike

  L F <rocco16v@netzero.net> wrote:
  Dan's advice is sound.

  Larry

  The oil warning light does not sense oil level. It senses oil pressure. You
  can be very low on oil and still have adequate pressure. Of course there is
  a limit! (no oil, no pressure!)
  Aside from an actual oil pressure problem, the sensors can fail, you can
  have loose connections or the oil pressure PCB can fail or have intermittent
  failure. I've experienced the PCB intermitent failure that appears to be
  ambient temperature related.
  The PCB is not cheap at $38, but that seems to generally be the problem with
  an intermittent oil light/buzzer.
  Aside from replacing the PCB, I installed an oil pressure gauge so I know
  what the pressure is.
  Dan

  word (w?rd)
  interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with up. Source