Odometer fix question...

The Foxx posted a msg last week, I think...

"John C. Worden" <scirocco@powerlink.net> wrote:At 10:15 PM 7/15/03 -0400, Ryan H wrote:

>My odometer is just about dead - drive 5 miles and you get about .3 added
>on to the odometer and trip. So the little red gear is usually the
>culprit? How do you realign it? And if it's stripped (can it be
>stripped? - not sure, haven't taken it apart yet), what then?

Here's a link to Foxx in a Box's page for this(don't know if he's still on
the list). I found it useful for the oddometer on the '86.
http://foxx.tripod.com/vw/odometer.htm

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic, 4 speed.
'89 Polaris Indy Deluxe

word (wûrd)
interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with up. Source