From: "Mike Smith" <smithma7@yahoo.com>
To: "ATS - Patrick Bureau" <txrocco@sbcglobal.net>
Cc: "car" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 9:22 AM
Subject: RE: Wierd oil problem

> Well, considering that the engine was just rebuilt, should I still be
getting low oil pressure?  That blink/buzzer combo has been with me for
years and in fact, I rarely even notice them.  At any rate, my question
still stands: Should I still be getting low oil pressure after an entire
engine rebuild?  If not, then the sensor should be bad, correct?  If it's
good and I'm having this problem, then no matter what props this shop gets,
I'll not be taking my car there anymore.  As regards the shop, I'll not
throw the name out there as I don't wish to tarnish their rep if it's not
something that they did wrong, but I'm sure that almost everyone on the list
has a video clip with one of their cars in it.  I do and I got the vid from
Marc in Quebec.

> ATS - Patrick Bureau <txrocco@sbcglobal.net> wrote:blinking oil lamp
indicates Low oil Pressure, not low oil level

> ATS - Patrick Bureau - txrocco@sbcglobal.net
> MSN:ATSGTX@hotmail.com |YAHOO:ATSGTX@yahoo.com
> ICQ:32918816           |AIM:Texasscirocco

blinks constantly.  It's supposed to blink when oil is low, right? (I don't
really know :)  I always figured I had a bad sensor somewhere and the car
just thought it was always low on oil.  Now, you're saying that it probably
means a bad oil pump?  I'm pretty sure this is an item that was replaced
when my engine was rebuilt as they had issues with finding metal in the oil.

> Lost, Mike
>
> ATS - Patrick Bureau <txrocco@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Last time I had an intermitent oil light issue I was running 10w40 and
> someone suggested I used 20w50, and when I switched the oil light stayed
one
> permanently, so I changed my oil pump. solved the problem...then again it
> had over 150K miles on it.
>
> maybe it's time to simply change the oil pump.?
>
> ATS - Patrick Bureau - txrocco@sbcglobal.net
> MSN:ATSGTX@hotmail.com |YAHOO:ATSGTX@yahoo.com
> ICQ:32918816 |AIM:Texasscirocco

something. Sometimes used with up. Source