PROPORTIONING VALVES on 16v

Bollocks...!! :)

On the Mk2 Scirocco ETKA calls the vlaves on the 8V and 16V brake pressure
regulators (pressure sensitive.)  Early A2 Golfs are called "load
sensitive"  pressure regulators.   Late Golfs and all A2 (and A3 etc.)
Jettas have load sensitive pressure regulators that are tied to the rear
axle beam and vary rear brake pressure based on weight on the rear axle.

Rear brake shoes on our cars are self adjusting - there's a spring loaded
wedge in the linkage that keeps the brake lining an optimal distance from
the drum at all times.

So, as much as I'd like to believe it, Anson, I don't think it's true...:)
The 8V valves are pressure limiting the same as the 16V ones are, only
allowing (probably more) pressure through.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Drew

--
|  84 Wolfsburg Edition TurboDiesel Scirocco  |