What tranny fluid instead of Redline MTL?

Okay, so I ordered my clutch parts from Mark @ AAB a couple days ago and
tonight I picked up a 4K tranny that appears to be in pretty good shape.
I'm going to be putting all new seals in it before it goes in, but I'm
still waiting for them to arrive.

What I should be using for tranny lube?

I've had Redline MTL in my AGB for the past 15,000 miles or so and I liked
the improvement in shifting but I can't shake the feeling that its bad for
the transmission. I'm pretty easy on my tranny but the last time or two
that I've drained and refilled the tranny fluid there have been some fine
metal shavings, etc. in there mixed in with the red-pink froth of the
redline and it just looks bad for some reason. I think my tranny is on its
way out anyway (which is why I'm replacing it) but I wonder if the redline
had anything to do with it.

I also remember hearing some bad things about what it does to the tranny's
insides, but I can't think of what they were.

Somebody here recommended Amsoil (?) synthetic a while ago, and said it
was a lot better.

Haha, I feel stupid; I've been away from cars for too long and now I can't
remember things clearly enough to make complete, logical sentences.

Any advice would be appreciated!

-Toby