engine won't start

Could be 20 or thirty things, I'm afraid.  Start with power to the coil, to the distributor, jiggle the ig switch.  Go from there.  Use the wiring diagram and don't give up.

Larry
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Hudin Lucian
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2003 11:53 PM
  Subject: engine won't start

  Hi list,

  While I was sitting on a red-light after a 30km trip (everything was ok) the
  engine (16v kr) died. I tried to restart it a couple of times, nothing. the
  alternator is
  spinning, but the engine won't start. A friend of mine debugged it and
  detected there
  is no spark. Checked the ignition coil and it's ok. He says it's probably
  the FEI.
  What could cause this failure ?

   This is the first time the rocco is failing on me in the middle of the
  road.