16V Timing question... again

At 08:21 PM 7/12/2003, Ryan H wrote:
>So do you think it's safe that I lined the cams up by the dots only since
>the sprocket was off?  Can the dots be off by any factions of an inch from
>where they are supposed to be on the CAM?
>And just to be sure, the V notch on the flywheel is the 6' advance mark,
>and the little hole mark to the right of it (which I don't have) is the
>TDC mark, right?

Be really careful using the flywheel marks!  I just watched a guy destroy
his head at our shop here because he didn't listen to me, and used his
flywheel to time the car.  Sure enough, some dipsh*t previous owner had put
the flywheel on 180' off, and *crunch*.

Use the screwdriver in the #1 cylinder hole...

Jason