temp light blinking

My Jetta has a 16V from a rocco. They PO did a really
good job w/the conversion, to the point of being a
little fanatical. He is a wiring guy, when you put on
the rear window defog, a little set of Xmas lights
come on too. Up by the driver's sunvisor there is a
power supply for a radar detector.

Yesterday during my quest for parking, the temp light
was blinking upon starting the engine. The motor was
cold of course and never even warmed up (I got very
lucky w/a spot).

Any ideas whats that about ?
The speedo is jiggy too, esp when you go over 100mph.
thanks

=====
87 Scirocco 8v
84 Jetta 16v