tools for tranny swap?

Unfortunately, I'm still lacking a Bently, though
since I have to special order all the sockets, I'm
going to order a Bently at the same time and they'll
probably come in at the same time. As I have watched
others and helped replace stuff on my own cars, I'm
slowly learning that things are a lot easier than they
seem to be. So far, pretty much everything that I've
had people help me with (though it hasn't been much
and nothing major), each time I've been like, "Ohhhh,
so that's it? Wow, cool." There are 2 other dubbers in
my area I'm hoping to get ahold of to lend a hand and
also my housemate has some mechanical knowledge so all
in all, I should be okay. I'm just lacking in tools.
At least it's almost always sunny here and the car is
parked on a flat, level surface. One other thing, can
I put the car up on ramps or do I need it to be on
jackstands?