engine swap shops -South Jersey

Hi Eric,

Just had to chime in here. First off if you can find a garage for a few
weeks to do some of the work yourself, do it. Having an annoying bolt or not
having the "right" tool is exactly what it's all about. I've been trying to
do most of the work on  "The Project" myself, from the clutch to the
bodywork (I am not a mechanic and I don't even play one on TV). I've amassed
an "awesome set of tools, dude!" And I'm still going. Since I don't use "The
Project" as a daily driver I have the luxury of screwing it up. Anyway, if
you can do some, most, or all the work yourself you won't regret it. That's
not to say you can't have help though. Get yourself a Bentley Manual and try
and do as much of the work as you can.

Second, I have about $2500+ invested in "The Project" so far and at best if
and when I decide to sell it I can expect $700 back if I'm lucky, however
every time I drive it I smile and tell myself it's well worth it. BTW, my S1
would of been considered a basket case when I bought it, now it's a getting
really competitive street/autoX car. Lot's more to do but it's all part of
the fun.

Tom C
'79 "The Project" Scirocco