Battery charging (blue wire again)

True... I discovered this 3500 RPM+ secret myself by accident on my 8V.

My issue is that the 16V once complete will be a weekend only car. No more
trips to the market or to return video tapes, that's what the Jetta is
for  ;-). I am installing an auto start circuit that will monitor battery
voltage and start the car for a short period of time whenever the voltage
drops below a pre-programmed level (this works with the alarm so the doors
will still be locked and the shock & motion sensors temporarily disabled
while the proximity sensor stays on, if some one tries to enter the car the
motor will cut off and the alarm will sound). Here in the problem lays.
Since starting the car via the key can not insure that the alternator will
fire up I may be doing more damage than good. So why does the Jetta work
differently? The blue wire on the Scirocco is intact and not damaged.

Does anyone know if the newer style alternators use the separate exciter
line? If it doesn't then my problem will be solved since I am installing a
new 120Amp Audi alternator.

-Raffi