88 16v: should i replace the hub when doing the front bearings?

If the OD of the hub (where the bearings are pressed onto it) is clean and consistent, and all the
threads and ID splines are good, it's probably OK.

They are prone to break under heavy use (like road racing) - they crack at the part of the OD
where the bearing ends on the outboard side - so it's your call as to whether you should spend the
$20.  I typically don't, but you probably know *my* nickname...

Ron