A few tech questions

Cathy - the yellow/red wire is indeed the coolant sending unit wire.  I
don't know for sure on the 16V, but the sensor you're looking for should
look like a small post - the female spade end will slide over it.  It
should be on the bottom or side of the outlet going from the top of the
head to the rad, if a 16V is like an 8V.

As far as coolant filling goes, the technique I use on 8V and diesels that
has never let me down is to fill the rad from the upper hose first, until
it's level with the inlet (using a spare upper rad hose makes this job
easy.)  Squeeze the bottom hose a few times to get the
bubbles out.  Then with the upper hose connected to the block, fill the
block via this hose with the coolant resevoir uncapped.  When the coolant
gets to the point where you can see it in the hose, quickly connect it to
the rad (you may spill a bit) and top up the resevoir to the max level if
necessary.  If you had the heater valve open when draining, make sure it's
open when filling.  Run the engine with the cap off for a minute - make
sure coolant is coming out of the bypass nipple in the resevoir.  Check
for leaks - turn the engine off, let it sit for a few minutes, top up if
necessary, cap it up and go for a spin.  Keep an eye on the coolant level
for a day or two afterwards, but you should be ok.

Drew