Thanks guys! (was: Need quick help, please!) sorta long

A big thanks to everyone who got back to me!

The engine is every bit as clean as it was in the picture. Couldn't get it
to crank, but didn't ultimately try that hard - I was too busy dealing with
clutch issues on the cabby.  It didn't come with the distributor (which he's
going to look for), but things looked normal inside. I'll crack the pan open
when I get it on the stand. I figured for $175 for all that stuff -
delivered - was a good deal!  :)

The plans are:  hopefully, to not have to rebuild the 2L, install the
solid-lifter head (will be rebuilt (and hopefully polished and decked)) from
the JH from my cabby. I'll either use the CIS from the mk1 I'm getting and
add knock-sensing ignition from an A2 8v GTI (or get the SDS that's destined
for the setup below). And that's just the interim motor.

While the mk1 is sporting the 2L, I'll be rebuilding the JH block and the
x-flo head to make an old-school 1.8t (need to have the oil return galley on
the x-flow welded up). That setup will either have:

- T3 or T3/T4
- intercooler of as-of-yet unknown origin
- SDS engine management (crank-fired)
- 944 turbo FPR
- Ross fuel rail
- _APPROPRIATELY-SIZED_ injectors  :p
- custom intake
- (most likely) ATP ex. manifold
- TT 1.8t A1 DP w/ removable cat
- custom 2.5" cat-back
- (hopefully) A1 Supersprint Race muffler

Some configuration of boost control, BOV, wastegate, turbo timer I haven't
quite settled on and I'm sure I'm forgetting other sh*t...but it should end
up being pretty fast!  :D

Thanks again - JT