vacuum problems??

The George wrote:

>Also, when I pump the brakes, my idles raises to about 1500. I have to pump
the brakes 5-8 times for this to happen, and it drops back down after a
second. Could this be related to the vacuum leak??

>>>Certainly--you have power brakes, right?  That uses engine vacuum.  The booster is right in front of the dash, so a leak in or around the booster would sound like it's coming from under the dash.

If you're lucky, you've got a split in the vacuum hose going from the engine to the booster.  That's a simple R&R of the hose.  Otherwise, it is probably the membrane inside the booster, which means you get to tear your whole brake system apart. :<(

Mike