vacuum problems??

On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 23:00:09 -0700 Vince <vince@performancecarstereo.com>
writes:
> Ok, so I wanna sort out some of the issues with my car......
> I know have a vacuum leak, I'm pretty sure its in the dash.. When I
start
> the car after it's been parked for a few hours it idles at about 1900
rpm,
> then when it warms up a bit it will drop to about 1500 and stay there
till
> the oil temp gets to about 80* at which point it goes down to 950-1000.
In
> the winter, I didn't think anything of it, but it's doing this in 30
> degree weather. Any ideas??

Sounds like one of your ECU control lines are leaking. Get into the
center console and have a listen. (DOnt tear into it, just remove the ECU
panel cover and get to the levers. Theres a couple vacume lines going
there. Check it.

> Also, when I pump the brakes, my idles raises to about 1500. I have
> to pump
> the brakes 5-8 times for this to happen, and it drops back down
> after a second. Could this be related to the vacuum leak??

This is normal, dont sweat it.

Shawn Méze
#30 2002 SDR Solo2 AS Champion. 86' Jetta GLi 8V 84' Scirocco 8V
82' Scirocco "Ruflus"  80' Scirocco S  79' "Project FSP Scirocco
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!