[Re: coolant line question]

Yeah, I'm off on a mission tomorrow to acquire said pipe. And I may just stop
into Princess to see if I can get one of those nifty spring clamp tools. I
don't care what it costs, I used one once, and I just can't deal with not
having one. The pipe, on the other hand, may well end up being a "previously
loved" edition. I can't imagine there is much difference between the 1.8 and
2L versions, obviously the 1.8 fits around the 2L block just fine. There were
a few 2L 16V candidates at Mikes's last time I was there.
Cathy

Drew MacPherson <drew@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:

> Cathy, that's the coolant pipe (or heater pipe) I was telling you about.
>
> P/N is 027 121 065 K for 1.8 16V and 027 121 065 P for 2.0 16V.  I don't
> know what the difference between the two is.
>
> Probably your fastest method of acquiring one is the dealer, or a
> "breaker."
>
> Drew
>
> On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Cathy Boyko wrote:
>
> > Hi, it's me again. The headache had been dribbling coolant, it's where a
short
> > chunk of rubber hose (with one of those @&*$)*@)_# spring clamps that the
> > mechanincs put in an impossible to get at location) joins into a solid
steel
> > line that I guess goes to the heater core (still no Bentley, Canda Post
really
> > sucks). ANyway, the easy option was the rubber hose, but of course you
know
> > that's not it, it's pinholes in the corroded steel line instead. SO is
this a
> > dealer part? and how much, or could I maybe get it from
Potterman/Adirondack?