paint job question

i will soon be ready to get a paint job.  i have never taken a car in to get
it painted.  i want to have my rocco painted mars red.  i was just wondering
if someone can tell me the best way to get the most accurate color match.
should i get some mars red touch up paint as a sample?  can they use a
picture of a mars red rocco as a sample?  i just want to make sure that the
color is accurate.  thanks ahead of time for your help.

-melissa-
Harrisburg, Pa
87 8v Scirocco
87 Wolfsburg Jetta, 4dr