[Re: (Very Long Rant)Worst Day Ever - Help me identify whathappened to my car]

sorry dude, I've had the same symptoms with a dying coil.  Don't jump to conclusions, its called troubleshooting, not crapshooting.

I'm on my 29th CIS injected VW....I've seen em fail in more ways than one.  Trust me on the fact that this problem could be plenty of things, including the injection pump.

--
Eric
Northglenn, CO

81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (Waiting for BAE Turbo Install)
83 Scirocco Wolfsburg