Rear axle bushings

William,

I just did this and you don't need a press like you do for the motor
mounts. You can cut/burn the bushings out (burning not recommended, it
would probably make a mess and take the paint off the brackets) and
then press the new ones in with a vice/hammer (or your hand). I think I
used a 30mm-ish socket, a bolt and two flat washers at one point, too..
I think that was to get the thing out after I chopped the old bushing's
"ears" off.. I just remember that it worked awesome..

I got poly bushings, which have a slightly different shape so they're
easier to put in (they're two piece instead of one.. slip one piece in
the left, one piece in the right, you're done). Don't forget to grease
them up.. I haven't had any squeaking problems from any of my poly
stuff yet.

The poly stiffens up the rear a little bit, but not super-noticably. It
pretty much did to the rear what the poly a-arm bushings did to the front.

Disadvantages? Well, not increased vibration (at least I didn't notice
any) .. but I guess if you hit your wheel on a curb or something it would
be a little more likely to tweak the body instead of just squish the soft
rubber.

HTH

-Toby