1988 Scirocco 1.8t

From: "Foxx (in a box)" <foxxinabox@excite.com>
Date:  Thu, 30 Jan 2003 09:30:03 -0500 (EST)

>  i know it's been discussed before and i have read some topics on the sub=
ject and have visited the nhtsa's web site. seems like all you'd have to do=
 is swap things over to make it compatible with u.s. regualations. about th=
e only items i can think of would be bumpers and headlights. everything els=
e, afaik, should be the same. i'm sure that emissions would be similar, but=
 since i'm not sure about the various little items like that, i can't be po=
sitive.
>  the other tid-bit i heard was in regards to the rally golfs. apparently =
they CAN be imported, but have to be gone through and converted to u.s. spe=
c at the import yard. unfortunately they end up destroying the euro-spec pa=
rts in the process. i'm just curious to know other peoples thoughts on ship=
ping the u.s.-spec parts over to europe, having them installed, then have t=
he whole car shipped over (euro-spec parts contained in the car, of course)=
. if something like this can happen, i have a feeling that dirk may be kick=
ing my ass. any responses welcome.