Help me slide my Scirocco better...

I'm practicing my left foot braking techniques in all this snow we've
had around here this winter, and it's come to my attention that this
practice is probably wearing the hell out of my front brakes.

Here's what I would like:  an LED mounted on my dash that would light
up when my BACK wheels are locked up.  That way I don't end up mashing
the brakes too hard to achieve rear wheel lock up - which, in turn,
would require more throttle to keep the fronts spinning...  It would
speed up the learning curve alot, I usually feel like I'm over-applying
the brakes...

Any ideas on a cheap/clever way to achieve this?  I have friends who
could help me build simple electronic circuits, so feel free to get
technical...

Thanks for any ideas!

Mark.
80 S