Bad transfer pump symptoms?

last time I had to change  mine, the symptoms where;

first the car would stall at lights, at random, no
pattern.
then while driving on road (not highway) she would
stall, I would pull over and start it right away like
nothing happened (also at random), I got out of car as
it ran and listened (3rd this happened) and I could
hear my main pump being noisy, since it stalled in
front of an autozone and I had 45 mins to get to work,
pop the backseats and cover off (what? doesn't
everyone have a toolbox in their rocco?) and swapped
it right there. started the car and never had any
occurences since..

I actually have a tech note (what not everyone has a
digital camera in their toolbox? hehe) if you want to
see it on my web site

Patrick