GTG in SLO @ GPR (not GRM)

--part1_122.1de9b720.2b64f451_boundary

What a day in SLO town!

Met up with about 60 cars at the Gilroy Outlets.  Mostly NorCal VW people.
Caravan'd down 101.  Some guys were mixing it up a bit and Ruben in his Audi
A4 said he saw 160 on his speedo.  I guess I missed that.  When we got to
GPR, the parking areas were already filling up.  Sounds like a Sacramento
contigent got to SLO the day before and were the first one there in the
morning.  After the NorCal people settled in, a whole slew of SoCal cars
started showing up.  The rest of the parking disapeared quickly and they
started parking people in the dirt field.  The estimate was 300 cars.  The
weather was fantastic.  Light breeze, high 70s maybe even low 80s.  There
were VWs, Audis, MBs, Minis, Alfas, Porsches and even a Toyota Supra and a
Mustang.  Only knew Ruben and the Doty brothers, but I met a few new people.
Where was everyone?  There were only about 9 Sciroccos.  There were more
Corrados that Sciroccos. :-(  Maybe next time.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner
http://members.aol.com/sailingfc/

--part1_122.1de9b720.2b64f451_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">What a day in SLO town!<BR>
<BR>
Met up with about 60 cars at the Gilroy Outlets.&nbsp; Mostly NorCal VW people.&nbsp; Caravan'd down 101.&nbsp; Some guys were mixing it up a bit and Ruben in his Audi A4 said he saw 160 on his speedo.&nbsp; I guess I missed that.&nbsp; When we got to GPR, the parking areas were already filling up.&nbsp; Sounds like a Sacramento contigent got to SLO the day before and were the first one there in the morning.&nbsp; After the NorCal people settled in, a whole slew of SoCal cars started showing up.&nbsp; The rest of the parking disapeared quickly and they started parking people in the dirt field.&nbsp; The estimate was 300 cars.&nbsp; The weather was fantastic.&nbsp; Light breeze, high 70s maybe even low 80s.&nbsp; There were VWs, Audis, MBs, Minis, Alfas, Porsches and even a Toyota Supra and a Mustang.&nbsp; Only knew Ruben and the Doty brothers, but I met a few new people.&nbsp; Where was everyone?&nbsp; There were only about 9 Sciroccos.&nbsp; There were more Corrados that Sciroccos. :-(&nbsp; Maybe next time.<BR>
<BR>
-Dick-<BR>
78 Scirocco<BR>
Original Owner<BR>
http://members.aol.com/sailingfc/</FONT></HTML>

--part1_122.1de9b720.2b64f451_boundary--