MK1 Fender Flares

I really like the look of the black modest fender flares on the early GTIs
and Jettas.  Does anyone know about how these fit to a MK1 Scirocco?   I
have my eye on a set that are on a Jetta that I purchased a diesel motor out
of  for my Caddy.  It looks like they are basically extensions and dont
really flare out the fender, meaning not really any more room for wide
tires.  But if they are basically a "bolt on" I might pick them up and
experiment.  I would probly leave them the black rubberized look and with
the black airdam and blacked out trim I think it would look pretty spiffy on
my red rocco.
Ken
1979 Scirocco 16V -  Almost done
81 Deisel P/U - Rescued from neglegent PO
VORTEX:  "Indiana Red"