pucked cis fuel distributor

<P>I cleaned my fuel dizzy and reassembled it with ease....... unfortunately it never worked properly after that. The problem I encountered was with the thin stainless steel sheet sandwiched between the two dizzy halves, the sheet is what actualy flexes to allow fuel flow out of the four little spigots on top. The bottoms of the wonderfull little spigots over time make slight indentations into the SS sheet, of course once dissasembled the chances of assembling it in precisely the same position are not so good. This as I found leads to one or more of the spigots pissing wide open all the time. I hope some of this makes sense.</P>
<P>Perhaps somebody else can perform a succesfull clean and re-assemble but after trying three different times with nothing but a flooded engine and a much better knowledge of how the dizzy works (or does'nt work in my case) I'm resigned to buying them from junkyards. At $20-$60 each I think it's worth it.</P>
<P>Anson<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>cleaning and reassembling is possible(my brother did it), weather it will
<DIV></DIV>solve you problem is undetermined, however if it is already broken you might
<DIV></DIV>as well try.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Robert Piwonka
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>-----Original Message-----
<DIV></DIV>From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
<DIV></DIV>[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Ryan Ruggles
<DIV></DIV>Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 10:29 PM
<DIV></DIV>To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
<DIV></DIV>Subject: re: pucked cis fuel distributor
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>My cis fuel distributor is screwed and I am just wondering if I can just
<DIV></DIV>take it a part and clean it or do i have to get a new one? They are
<DIV></DIV>expensive so I'd rather clean the thing
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Cheers
<DIV></DIV>Ryan
<DIV></DIV>