[Re: so what rocco did you have first?? mk1 or mk2?????]

Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:

--- JCJJCC@aol.com wrote:
> i had a mk2 16v first, then i got my second mk2, then i
> came across a deal on =

> a mk1 rocco S '81 just trying to see which one you guys
> like better.  i love =

> my mk2's, but my rocco1 S is gonna fly!!

I bought my first 'rocco, an '86 Arctic Blue Metallic 8v,
in 1993 off of a flight instructor / friend when he moved
back to Europe.  I sold it to a friend a couple years
later.

Mine would be the MkII headache, a 1987 Arctic blue Metallic 16V (we got =
that
colur instead of flash silver) =

I knew I was toast on the test drive (to quote Tom Cruise, it "had me fro=
hello"), and it's had whatever it wanted ever since. And it's wanted a lo=
t. I
have to say I love to drive it, when it runs right (which it has done a L=
OT
this year) , all is well with the world. =

I bought a rough red 80 in the fall, and it's still on the critical list,=
 but
I'm hoping it will be the next adventure. It's well behaved at least, but=
 the
MkII will always be "my first", and quite possibly, "my favorite".

Cathy =