core support pics, MKII

Wow!!

Someone finally got around to making a bar! Nice work!!

> Okay got a proto type made, will refine it some more today.Plus still need
> to finish the jig.Should know this A.M. if it's feasible for me to get them
> powder coated.If theres people interrested, We will be able to ship uncoated
> bars Wedesday.Should also have ones for MKI by next Thursday.Hope to be able
> to offer powder coat and K-Cote which is a coating just like the factory
> uses
> Heres a link to pics,sorry they really suck hope to have real pics
> tonight.http://scirocco.dhs.org/vw/list/bob/  It looks real good in person.
> The tab on one leg is for the horn. Bolt in mount time seems to be about
> 20mins or they could be welded in.

Yep, the horn certainly is in the way... I figured that it would be easy
enough to relocate since its held on with like one nut. I wonder what
Kevin did?

How do these things bolt up? I can see that they seem to attach to the
underside of the "frame rails" (they look like giant french fries to me)
but in what holes? Do you have to drill new ones?

I'm sure the anwsers will come in time, I'm just curious how you tackled
the mounting question..

Anyway nice job!

My bolted-together bar is still a work in progress although I made some
forward progress last weekend. I'm trying to design it so that it will
work on both A/C and Non-A/C Mk2s (as well as previously A/C but now
non-A/C, like mine). There are some clearance issues with the radiator and
the chassis shape. I also have to make sure its not in the way of the hard
lines to the condenser..

Anyway, I'm glad to see someone finally hit the market with these bars.
More than enough roccos have gone to the scrapyard because of crossmember
cracks and I don't want to see it happen anymore!

-Toby