How About an ABA Engine Swap?

I did the swap into my 86 Scirocco last spring. The rain tray clearance
is a minor issue.  I just bent the rain tray back a little.  I'm sure if
my rear motor mount goes bad, it will hit, but all the mounts are new so
it doesn't.  I did mine over two days and it was the first one I had
done. I should have put aside 5 days.  If I would of had more time, with
the engine out, i would have cleaned the engine bay better, replaced the
bushing in the steering column, replaced the hoses to the heater core
and gotten the ac hoses out of the fire wall.
  I used my old distributor at first and then put in the knock sensor
later.  It would have taken less overall time to do the knock sensor
from the start.  I now have a distributor from an Audi that works with
the knock sensor.  The distributor was the most expensive part.  The
guys at TTTuning can help you get one.

--
Kervin
86 Scirocco 2.0 8v 4K+80% and lots of other numbers and letters