hesitation

> Thankyou for all the help it was great, i just have one more
> problem, when driving after a while the car starts to judder
> and splutter and totally lose power, if i just keep my foot
> down, eventually after a while the car will pick up and go
> like a rocket but i have to ride out the spuuter and jerking,
> if i do not the car just dies and will not start.
>
> Can anyone help?

Mine did exactly this (1986 1.8) as per my previous message on the
group. I eventually changed the HT leads, distributor cap and rotor arm
(all of which were in poor condition - perhaps original) and the problem
went away. This might be worth investigating, and isn't terribly
expensive (especially if you do it yourself).

Incidentally, many thanks to all who suggested ideas for that!

James