bought a '79!

Woot for me!

Picked up a '79 with 80k miles on it, for $600.  Unfortunately it sat
for three years.  The paint is two tone silver and black.  Some numbnuts
repainted the top half for some reason, and it's not the best paint job
ever.  Also, there is the typical 2" rust patch at the base of the
windshield (grrrr), and another strip of it on the passenger's door.
Other than that the body is perfectly straight, and all the rubber is in
great shape.  The headlights, grille, turn signals, and taillights look
brand new.  There is a nearly destroyed front air dam on it.

Dash is cracked.  Interior is pretty good (not fantastic).

The shocks are COMPLETELY, 100% wasted.  Bounced all the way home.  Cars
were slowing down on the freeway to watch me bounce over shit, and then
they'd take off! I was like WTF!

The underbody and engine bay make the car look like it has 80k miles on
it.  They're both very clean, no oil leaks.

There's a great smell of rotten milk coming from the passenger's seat.

Track car, restoration, or daily beater? I can't decide!! My brother
wanted to hump the car when he saw it.  He seriously wants to trade me
his rabbit for it.

Anyone know how hard it is to patch over that rust at the base of the
windshield?  Unfortunately it's RIGHT on the contoured part...

Joe Doty
IT/Development
joe@lcnetwork.com=20