1.8T swap

--part1_1d1.436f72.2b5c6b05_boundary

Just make sure you change that crappy automatic timing belt tensioner. Seen
more than my fair share of those fail. And you thought valves for the 16v
were expensive wait till you shop for 20v ones.

I suppose if you install the motor without the "check engine light" it may be
a halfway decent motor.  Also If you want to increase the boost I would just
get stand alone if its a swap car. For another 4-500 over the cost of the
chip you can change engine parameters at will instead of having to send out
your ECU for every new upgrade in software and hardware.

Jasin
"sometimes you must go backwards to move forward"

--part1_1d1.436f72.2b5c6b05_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Just make sure you change that crappy automatic timing belt tensioner. Seen more than my fair share of those fail. And you thought valves for the 16v were expensive wait till you shop for 20v ones.
<BR>
<BR>I suppose if you install the motor without the "check engine light" it may be a halfway decent motor. &nbsp;Also If you want to increase the boost I would just get stand alone if its a swap car. For another 4-500 over the cost of the chip you can change engine parameters at will instead of having to send out your ECU for every new upgrade in software and hardware.
<BR>
<BR>Jasin
<BR>"sometimes you must go backwards to move forward"</FONT></HTML>

--part1_1d1.436f72.2b5c6b05_boundary--