No GTI for Me (Non Scirocco Content)

Well as you al had read earlier this week I was flying to Phoenix to pick up
an 84 GTI.

Well at 4 am this morning Kaitlin and I got up and got to the airport, and
waited for the flight. We got on without a problem and made it to Phoenix
without a hitch, thats when the fun started. The woman selling the car met
us at the airport and I had cash in hand ready to buy the car. After the 20
minute ride to her house, we finally saw the car and it looked as it did in
the pictures. She fired it up and it ran fine but the idle was a little
high, so I popped the hood and found that the O2 sensor was disconnected as
was the CSV. Hook them up and found the car had a surging problem (thought I
can live with until I replace the O2 sensor). Well then I decided to take a
test drive before finishing the transaction. Well first thing I noticed is
the rebuilt tranny was a little stiff and the clutch pedal sat 2 inches from
the floor (thought ok needs adjusting), looked under the hood and found the
it was adjusted to specs (warning clutch rod is worn or starting to go
through the disk plate). Then I actully drove it and found that the brakes
would grab (spongy pedal) 1/2 inch off the floor. Made it back in one piece
and looked a little closer and found the seals on the MC resivour were
leaking quite bad. Well at this point I decided I couldn't drive it back so
I declined to purcahse the car and went to the airport and flew home.

All in all a good adventure just didn't get another car, oh and if you were
wondering about the air fare it was free cause the wife works for American
Airlines.

Hitman still have the Passat and what did you want again, LMK