1.8 Vs. 2.0 Revisited AKA why 1.8 instead of a 2.0 head

keep in mind that the article was from '93.  TT could prolly get the 1.8heads more cheaply since the 2.0l heads hadn't been around as long and weren't in as many cars (I'm guessing) at that time.  Also, 2.0l needs more material removed before benefits are seen in flow bench.  2.0l head is not simply worse flow in stock form.  Flow benches only measure constant peak flow.  Real engine operation involves pulsed flow and factors like low rpm performance.  The 2.0l head was built for low end torque.  I'm just saying that's what it was for, not that that is what we want.

BH