[OT] Vascar opinions/info

So I just got back from a trip to charlotte, and on the way back on got p=
ulled over by the Highway patrol.  When I first noticed him behind me, I =
was going a little over 75 in a 65, and shortly thereafter he pulled me o=
ver.  When he gave me my ticket it was for 87 in a 65, needless to say i =
was pissed and questioned him about it.  I asked if he clocked me on rada=
r, and he said no, that he had used vascar.  For those unfamiliar with va=
scar, it is basically a computer in the cop car that has swithes for time=
 and distance.  The cop chooses a reference point flips the T and D switc=
hes, picks another and flips them again.  The computer then does the Dist=
ance over time math and calculates your average speed.  Very prone to hum=
an error in my opinion.  My grip is that there was NO way I was going any=
where near 87.  I'm positive my speedo was below 80, and if anything, it =
is probably a little high.

So, does anyone have any experiance with getting tickets via vascar and r=
esults, or know where to find any solid info about the inaccuracies with =
the vascar system of ticketing?  I'm going to call the DA and highway pat=
rol tomorrow to get my distance and time readings, because i've seen some=
 sights on the interenet were the numbers didn't work out and such.

TIA

Doug C.
'88 16v
Asheville,