Porsche vs. Scirocco: (kill story)

Hey, Mike Blain is having trouble sending posts to the list, so he asked me
to relay this kickass message:

"Yesterday, cruising Southbound on Interstate 5 towards Seattle I approached
a couple of "younger guys" in a newish Porsche SC. as I gradually passed
them I noticed that the two guys thought my little yellow Scirocco was
pretty funny, as they ribbed one another and pointed.  Then they decided
they were going to toy with me (show me what a REAL German car could do).
They began to accelerate, not to aggressively, and glanced back to see if I
was going to take the bait, which I did with glee.  Once they realized that
I was attempting to keep speed with them  they put the pedal down, As did I.
After a quick throw down to 4th gear my Scirocco Rocketed passed them. I
tossed it into 5th at the peak RPMs and continued to pull on the Porsche for
about 2 miles before I let off and returned to a cruising speed of 75.  I
watched in the rear view as they came to my left rear quarter with mouths
opened so wide I could have garaged my car in em.   They throttled it again,
thinking that I had simply gotten the jump on them or something, and Again i
dropped to 4th and floored it- I caught even with them very quickly and
tossed it into 5th at 6500 RPMs and again i walked right passed them to at
least a 3 car lead before slowing to see their faces.   They came up to my
right rear quarter, again, and looked at my my car over, especially staring
at my wheels like they were the source of my speed or something...  Finally
they pulled parrallel and both gave me the Thumbs up, completely shocked
that this old VW just kicked their ass twice.

I carried a nice grin the rest of the drive to Seattle.
Im not sure how fast we ended up going as my speedo only goes to 85, but it
took a WHILE before the Scircco was going slow enough for me to notice a
bounce of the needle again after I let off the accelerator.  Time to invest
in a speedo I guess.

salut!

Mike"
--