[and i'd thought i'd seen it all!(sorta long)]

"The Hitman" <vwscir88@hotmail.com> wrote:
my friend calls me up tonight and said that when he went to start his roc=
co =

(which has been hibernating for the last couple of months) that it fired =
up =

then made this horrible metal hitting metal sound then died. i told him t=
o =

check to see if the timing belt broke and to call me back. when he called=
 me =

back he said he couldn't get the timing belt cover off, but it looked lik=
e =

the car was bleeding from the belt cover. when i asked him what he meant =
by =

bleeding he said there was a small amount of red liquid coming from the s=
ide =

and bottom of the timing belt cover. not being able to think what red liq=
uid =

could be coming from this area, i left work to check it out. turns out a =

family of what appears to have been mice had somehow gotten under his tim=
ing =

cover and made a nest. when he started his rocco, mice and nest got spun =

around and ended up jamming the timing belt (and making quite a mess) in =
the =

lower half of the cover! good news is he got rid of his little mice probl=
em, =

bad news is that it will probably have turned out to be an expensive way =
to =

kill a family of rodents!
  hit

So Sayeth The Hitman
'88 "stripe" 16v scirocco
'91 passat gl "the green hell"
<http://www.techography.net:82/brettsgarage>

I guess we add this to the winter preparation protocol: =

Remove TB covers, get cat.

That does take the cake, although somebody had a groundhog or something i=
n his
shift linkage at one point if memory serves, the car was shifting on its =
own.
And I thought my car was possessed. (although I did have one of the littl=
e the
varmints run over my feet last time I started the '80)

Cathy