and i'd thought i'd seen it all!(sorta long)

my friend calls me up tonight and said that when he went to start his rocco
(which has been hibernating for the last couple of months) that it fired up
then made this horrible metal hitting metal sound then died. i told him to
check to see if the timing belt broke and to call me back. when he called me
back he said he couldn't get the timing belt cover off, but it looked like
the car was bleeding from the belt cover. when i asked him what he meant by
bleeding he said there was a small amount of red liquid coming from the side
and bottom of the timing belt cover. not being able to think what red liquid
could be coming from this area, i left work to check it out. turns out a
family of what appears to have been mice had somehow gotten under his timing
cover and made a nest. when he started his rocco, mice and nest got spun
around and ended up jamming the timing belt (and making quite a mess) in the
lower half of the cover! good news is he got rid of his little mice problem,
bad news is that it will probably have turned out to be an expensive way to
kill a family of rodents!
  hit

So Sayeth The Hitman
'88 "stripe" 16v scirocco