11,000 mile '82 on Ebay

At 12:14 AM 1/11/2003, Neal wrote:
>Ask 16vJason. His car wasn't that old, and had more miles, but he still
>spent a TON of money rebuildng things because the rubber seals and such had
>dried up and cracked from not being used.

Right.  I bought mine at 28,813 miles and 10 years old.  The car was driven
regularly for the first 2 years, and then got a couple thousand put on it
in the following 8 years.

All things considered, mine wasn't that bad... then again, it was a Florida
car that was garaged for many of those years, and it went into the shop
every year and had a couple hundred bucks worth of belts, hoses, and seals.

My 94 Golf (29,174 miles) was no different.  Once you start driving them
regularly, everything seems to break.  But it goes away.

With a car like that, though, you'd be replacing pretty much every seal in
it...  I'd probably be perfect for 2 weeks and then it'd leak
everything.  And who knows what the inside of that motor looks like.  But
still -- that'd be a great car to start a 16v or 1.8T swap with!

Jason