[Still OT] VW Toureg Diesel (was: Quite OT: NYTimes.com Article: TV Ads Say S.U.V. Owners Support Terrorists)

<snip Brando>
Sorry dude, but I beg to differ.  I believe we will get the V-10 TDI.  This
last summer and a few times since then when driving on I-70 west of Denver,
towards Vail,CO, and I-25 between Pueblo,CO and Denver,  I came up on 3 VW
Touregs, 1 of them being the V-10 TDI (suprisingly they left the badge on
the back, and a huge ploom of black smoke erupted when it shifted gears).
<end snip>

Cool story.  I was just passing on what the car rags are saying, so I hope
you're right.  I don't claim to no nuthin' 'bout no diesels, but I like what
I've read about what's going on with them in the other parts of the world.
Not that I'd buy a Toureg, but more diesels in the states will maybe lead to
more acceptance.  The more acceptance, the better chance we'll see the cool
vehicles.

- Brad
'86.5 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v
'76 International Scout II