1978 "time capsule"

Nice find.  You can probably send the scaned ad of it
and send it to Driversfound.com.  My mom found my
dad's 1978 Road and Track in the garage and it had the
Scirocco in it.  It was the lightest car and fun to
drive.  I submitted the article to driversfound.com
and its on there right now.  You could just email
Greg(owner of driversfound) to submit the ad.
--- Cathy Boyko <losinit@usa.net> wrote:
> I've been housecleaning my classroom, and ran into a
> pile of magazines form
> 1976-1978. So I rediscovered the technology of the
> day, for example a VCR with
> a timer that sat on the top, an improved version of
> the camera I'm still using
> (mine's a '75) and a great Radio Shack 32K computer
> (yep, that's K, is in a
> millionth of what most of ours have) for a mere sum
> of $3800. (yep, that's the
> right # of zeroes, no decimal). Oh, it had two disc
> drives too, a big
> improvement from the cassettes no doubt.
>
> Anyway, to the point, the centrefold...
> Four page ad for the "champange edition" VWs for the
> year, a Dasher, Rabbit,
> Beetle and bus, and our beloved Scirocco. Pretty
> cool. I can scan it if
> somebody wants to put it up, Allyn?
>
> Somehow it's odd to think of them (the MkIs) sitting
> beside new (old) Beetles
> on the lot. Other car ads included various Saabs and
> Peugeots, Cadillacs, and
> LeBarons,Z28,  280 ZX, the Dodge Arrow I wanted back
> then, and the earliest
> Civic, among others. Fun stuff, but the VW ad was
> the real treat. It really
> put the age of our cars into perspective.
> Cathy

=====
-Andrew Wong
1984 Black Scirocco