Quite OT: NYTimes.com Article: TV Ads Say S.U.V. Owners Support Terrorists

That's right, and I'm glad for it.  Granted I am all for cheaper fuel
sources but I don't buy that the depletion of Ozone or Global warming
theories.  You can find any theory to fit whatever cause your trying to
stand up for if you look in the right place.  So the oceans wam up one
degree over 10K years and we're all gonna fry or drown in iceberg floods?
What they fail to tell you is that the earth's waters warm up and cool down
all the time so I see this as one of those capitalistic conspiracy theories
sorta like a 1.8L head flows better than a 2.0L head.  As far as the Ozone
layer is concerned, we have pretty much knocked out everything that causes
this depletion (and constantly monitoring) but does anyone know what MAKES
ozone?  The sun!  So do you think that the sun will stop making ozone
someday?  Maybe if it blows up!  Besides, from a creation standpoint (can't
help but to bring this up) we were designed and put here to use the earth's
resources.  NOT abuse, I realize but to use.  We aren't meant to be here
long enough for these resources to be used up.  Besides, once something is
getting low, technology kicks in and we find another way of doing things.
I'm not much for conservation but I do what I can.  I own a diesel, recycle,
etc. but I think when the government puts some mangy owl before being able
to build houses and put food on the table for our kids, I draw the line!!
When it comes to conservation it is all about money.

Sorry for the rant but couldn't help it!  I'm sure you'll all let me know
what is wrong with my statements :)

Dave