OT:Pick-up truck yahoo

Hi,
This morning on the way to work, in snow as has become the norm in the
northeast, I had a close call. Just south of the Hampton tolls in NH
some yahoo in a 4x4 pickup decides to do the on ramp to center lane
immediately. The problem was, I was in the middle lane. I was in the DD
91 Jetta. There was snow on the road so there was only tire tracs. I
honk the horn. He jerks the wheel back, and starts to fishtail wildly.
I'm sure its about to be a 20 car pile with me in the front. Somehow he
regains control. PHEW!!! Shortly he goes whizzing by in the
(snow-covered) left lane.
So, is it unlucky to meet up with the jerk, or lucky he didn't take me
out?
John
BTW I commute from Biddeford, ME to Methuen, MA. Its about 74 miles each
way.