Alt belt cover was: Ok, so what do we do about it?

ATS - Patrick Bureau wrote:

> Rocco content: few days ago driving from work to home at 4am, driving 90MPH,
> my alternator belt broke, (no biggy stopped at 24 hr autozone to pick one
> up) , but the next morning I noticed to my dismay, a dent (belt wide) pusing
> outwars (from engine out) with a nice missing part of paint from the hood,
> dent about 1/4" high 1/2" long belt width. Arrrrrgggghhh... everyone talking
> about keeping ya timing belt covered... damn not I need to get my hood
> repainted...and desing an alternator belt plate cover.. This Sucks...
>
> Ahem... Burning soapboax, spreading the ashes out the window while drivibng
> daily driver rocco on the hwy...
>
> ATS - Patrick Bureau - txrocco@sbcglobal.net

ATS,

Yesterday while removing a 16v.... VOLVO head (gotcha) with bent
valves :[) I noticed the Alt has a cover just as you suggest.

Might well bolt right on, right from the parts yard, all the Volvo
stuff looked like VW stuff, just a little different.

TBerk
course, if I get one I'll have to get two now, wont I?