What offset do I need for 17x7.5 wheels to fit on 16v.

You can probably get away with 40 in front if you set back your offset.
Otherwise, maybe a 3mm or 5mm spacer would work.  I do believe that you
will want to have at least 5mm in the rear.  If you can fit the rim on
there, can't you see if the tire is on the spring in the rear?  As for
touching the fender I ain't so sure.  I know that you may rub on the
liners, but I guess this all depends on how much your car is lowered.
The few people I know that run 17s with about 1.5" of lowering dont seem
to have a problem with rubbing.

Andre'
Nogaro Green 79
Kirkland WA