[Re: Quite OT: NYTimes.com Article: TV Ads Say S.U.V. OwnersSupport Terrorists]

Sorry to disappoint, Cathy, Neal, Julie - but VW stole my heart decades
ago... ;)

Biodiesel is something I'm watching with great interest - both as a driver
of diesel powered vehicles and as a grower of oilseed crops.  There's
actually a biodiesel sidebar in this months Better Farming (OFA
mouthpiece) that hearlds chokecherry pits as the most efficient source of
oil - both because they have a higher oil content than canola and flax
(almost double per weight) and because the chokecherry pits are a
biproduct of the fruit itself.  Apparently Ag Canada is doing overtime
researching viable oilseed crops (especially for the drought-stricken
prairies, where apparently Eithiopian mustard seed is most viable!)

Anyways, as our European listers have no doubt witnessed - biodiesel is a
viable renewable resource (and, Ron, your Lupo 3cyl TDI will run on it!)
that I expect to be seeing, at least in blended form, at pumps in Ontario
within 18 months.

Drew