[Re: Quite OT: NYTimes.com Article: TV Ads Say S.U.V. OwnersSupport Terrorists ]

"Rabbit16v" <Rabbit16v@attbi.com> wrote:
RIGHT ON AMEN AND HALLELUJAH!!!!

Dave

As for fuel economy, I don't feel at all guilty, my DD has been a diesel =
since
1987. Even driven hard, it's great on fuel, and as for the additional soo=
t, it
should (in theory) be at least partially offset by the increased lifespan=
 of
the engine, hence requiring less industrial pollutants connected with
manufacturing a new car. (heck, I even carpool, have solar heat, and we'r=
looking at being part of a wind power cooperative) But even those of us w=
ith
modified roccs are still ahead of the game in the green sense I'd say (wi=
th a
few exceptions), recycling all those junkyard parts to keep our cars aliv=
e,
and pretty much sipping that dark middle eastern ooze. My Rocc's easy on =
the
fuel (but admittedly it'd be better if I kept my foot out of it, and owni=
ng as
many cars as I do is a HUGE luxury. And maybe I do drive too much, but I =
do
enjoy it)

I'm getting really cynical, and won't fuel a flame war, but I find it odd=

around when these Roccs were built, fuel economy was a big deal, then it
shifted to horsepower and luxury (all of a sudden there's lots of gas, ge=
t rid
of those slow econoboxes), then it seems to be back again to fuel issues.=
can't help but think it is all just to keep people discarding the old in
favour of a "better" new, as promoted in the ads. To keep big business bi=
g. As
for the media, they sure do have scary power. But what the hell do I know=
?

cathy, pot stirring as usual.